Sunday, July 28, 2013

Scrapping Paintings Galore - Room Decor

The trouble with my current sharehouse is that the off-white walls are kinda dirty…also ridiculously dull and plain. So one of my favourite ways of making my room look better is to use small panel paintings.

I tend to buy these small square canvas boards on the cheap from the dollar store or in the sale section of the newsagent. I find them very versatile for small art projects and paintings.

During my last trip to Lincraft I found a small bag of paper scrapbooking pieces on sale, which I couldn’t resist getting ‘cos they are so pretty…

As I don’t actually do any scrapbooking, I’ve found them very useful in other ways, like decorating cards…
But the way in which I’ve put them to the best use so far is to make mini artworks out of them to hang on my walls…

Basically I start by painting the canvas boards a background colour, wait for it to dry, then glue the scrapbooking pieces on top. Then a little addition of plastic embellishing gems to make them all pretty and sparkling.




It seems like I really have a taste for boho-style décor….

As there were a few pieces with words on them, which doesn’t really fit with my room theme, I made this extra thing as a small gift for my (former) housemate…

No comments:

Post a Comment