Monday, January 7, 2013

Mr Cthulhu - my first ever plushie!



One of the advantages of living in a residential college (this is gonna end in 2 weeks!!!) is the easy access I have to old stuff that people don’t want to/can’t use any more….in other words, more materials for me to play with!!!!

What was really awesome is my brilliant find of an old wool jumper that had been shrunk into felt. Given that a lot of DIY plushies are made from felt, I thought that I might as well give it a go….

Also I dunno if it’s some kinda trend/bandwagon, but it turns out that there are recently a lot of big fans of octopus and Cthulhu around…

I love all things cute, so was really chuffed to find this awesome pic of Cthulhu via google…

Printed him out to A4 size…turned it into a pattern…then stitched together using my lil tacker sewing machine from Lincraft and stuffed with the stuffing from a old pillow that was thrown out…the pieces (arms, body, head, wings) were then stuck together using my trusty glue gun…

After being kindly informed by my friend via facebook that he needed eyes (felt ones!!!), 2 white felt eyes and a bone bow tie where then cut out and hot glued….

 Turned out rather well for a first attempt, I think....









No comments:

Post a Comment