Sunday, March 17, 2013

Red Ruffle Yarn Knitted Triangle Wrap



I’m usually more of a cardigan girl, but I’ve always been kinda curious about how and when to wear a triangle wrap shawl.

One of my favourite stories is a variation on the selkie wife story which is about a firebird lady with a beautiful feather coat.

I’d stockpiled 2 balls of red Elicia ruffle yarn for a special project, so am really proud of myself that I finished making the ruffle yarn triangle wrap in about a week – inspired by that feather coat…


N.B. It turns out that as the ‘triangle’ became ‘wider,’ the ‘netted part’ became more and more likely to get tangled at the ends. This problem was solved by using stitch holders…although I have 2, I somehow managed to lose one of them, so I solved the problem by tying the first 8-ish stitches from the end together using a piece of string.

No comments:

Post a Comment